Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Solstice and New Year 2014 new space for Bodywork sessions and Yoga classes

Dear Friends,

As we move to the Winter Solstice this coming Saturday, time to reflect with one's own thoughts, or even enjoy the brisk cool air or snuggling in with a book, or a party here and there with good friends and family.  I will be taking a break for two weeks from teaching while I do some of these things.  No matter how I feel I always appreciate taking time to meditate everyday and sit in silence.

In the meantime, before I go into hibernation, I am planning for the New Year--2014!
I am keeping my private space in Hastings to do Bodywork/Healing Touch sessions, however I do have a new space (I say goodbye to Dr. Penelope Sheely, who welcomed me to share her office space at WellChild in Dobbs Ferry, as she moves her practice elsewhere), to make it more convenient for you if you live further north, to reach me.  Dody Chang, licensed acupuncturist & herbalist, is graciously sharing her office space with me in Irvington--18 Main Street, Irvington, NY 10533.  Please visit her website: www.dodychang.com.  To arrange a session with me, please call or email me.

I am once again offering an adult Yoga class at Dobbs Ferry Community Center-the Embassy Building, 66 Palisade, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522:

Day: Wednesday (Starting January 29th 2014--mark it on your calendar)
Time: 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
Age: Adult, starting at 18 years to 105 years!
Price: $110 (10 classes---a bargain!) 
I need a minimum of 8, maximum 15
Call and email me if you have any questions.  Call the recreation department to sign up, ask for Matt or Mike: 914.693.0024


In closing I'd like to share this poem with you:

Winter's Entrance

As days shrink
to the size of a small doorway,
darkness dominates
like a protective dome
in the star arched sky
              *
We frenzied town dwellers
seek security
in hyperactivity:
buy bigger presents,
indulge in more parties.
             *
Beyond the entrance we call 'Winter'
lies a quiet space, empty
but for a single candle
whose light increases
as dreams and hopes
fuel its incandescence.
             *
Step softly within
where the calm communion
of sitting with silence,
shining with light
brings long sought oneness.

Kaaren Whitney
Winter Solstice 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment