Monday, November 2, 2015

I am thankful

This month is a time when we start thinking, or at least my kids, of the 'holidays'.  Although, they are especially excited about receiving gifts (special gifts that they've been waiting for all year, and let me know they only would like one or two) they remind me how much they like the cosiness of our home, and settling into bed as the nights are longer.  They also like the joy of Christmas songs, and drive me crazy that they want to start listening to them in December! Maybe I should surprise them this year and say we start listening to them now.

However, they remind me that they are truly grateful for what they have, and that the holidays can light us up--even when there is great suffering all around us.

I am so thankful that my kids remind me that I can keep dreaming, and they remind me to not live in the past.  They are truly Yogis, and are wise beyond their years.

Please post and let me know what you are thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment